1. Easter is 6 Sundays Away (April 16)
2. Good Friday Event (April 14)
GIVING – text the keyword “Fervent” and the amount you wish to give today to 73256. Follow the instructions, scan your credit card, and you’re done.
Week of April 2, 2017
SERMON: Walk This Way: Jesus Washes Feet
TODAY’S MAIN IDEA: This week, we focused on walking like PETER by:
• having the faith to step out based on one word.
• focusing more on Jesus than the possibility of failure.
• recognizing the importance of crying out.
START THE CONVERSATION – QUESTIONS:
• When was the last time you “CRIED”?
• Can you name a circumstance other than a funeral? Describe the situation.
• What was the circumstance that brought to the point of tears or screaming out?
• If you struggle to cry, what is it that prevents or stops you from crying?
Read MATTHEW 14:22 – 34 (NIV) – PRIMARY
Read MARK 6:45 – 56 (NIV)
• What if WE stopped asking God for guarantees, and started asking Him for a command?
• What would/is your “ONE-WORD” command from God?
• What is God saying to you?
Jesus gave permission and even commanded Peter do something that he knew would end in failure.
• Is there an area that you need to FAIL IN?
An area that you need to step out of the boat…
EYES on JESUS… and not worry about the possibility of failure…
The disciples remind us, that when they cried out, it altered Jesus’ destination and plan. Let us not underestimate human initiative. Perhaps GOD wants to work something out in your storm, but is waiting for you to cry out.
WHAT is your “CRY” today?
WHAT haven’t you CRIED OUT?
WHAT do you need to “CRY OUT”?
In Mark’s Gospel, which church historians tells us the recording of the eye-witness account of Peter, Peter understood that he was never the point of the story, and in fact excluded himself from the story, but helped Mark see that the greatest take-always from Jesus walking on water was that:
WE WERE IN A STORM
JESUS MADE IT STOP
And WE KNEW HE WAS THE SON of GOD
Taking into account human initiative, and the role it played for the disciples in this story, what must you do to act on these new insights or truths from Sunday’s message and this discussion time?