DATE: Sunday, February 18, 2018
FERVENT CHURCH – Voorhees, NJ
Preached by Pastor Mike Rosado
Sermon Title: Power of INTIMACY
MEETUP WEEK #3 Format: WORSHIP & PRAYER
START THE CONVERSATION – QUESTIONS:
Tonight’s DC is focused on WORSHIP & PRAYER and goes along with this week’s message about having the power of intimacy. Here are two questions to prepare for your time of worship:
- Have you ever received an upgrade (airline, hotel, rental car, restaurant seating, upgraded sports tickets or box seats, etc.)? Describe the experience. What did you feel (Grateful, excited, undeserving)? (In many ways this is a picture of the ‘spirit of adoption.’)
- We closed the worship service by singing, “I noticed your arms are stretched wide open for me.” Name a place you feel safe and describe the safest place in your world. What about it gives you comfort and makes you feel safe?
This week’s FOCUS:
Intimacy with God and the spiritual adoption that comes with salvation.
SOME WORSHIP SELECTIONS
Here are some possible worship songs that your group can use for your time of worship. I would encourage you to get a portable speaker, use Apple TV, or something to make the music loud enough for your group to hear, and if you desire to sing along with. If you have musician in your group, feel free to have them play selections for your group gathering time.
Worship is a central part of FERVENT CHURCH and your DC experience. Our Week #3 focus on worship is important for the following reasons:
- Worship provides a time for everyone to put aside the busyness and hassles of the world and get in touch with the true Higher Power and creator of the Universe.
SOME WORSHIP GUIDELINE that can be used by your DC:
- We initially invite you to stand with us to engage in worship.
- We encourage you to be mindful of the lyrics and the importance of their message.
- Feel free to SIT, STAND, SING, PRAY, or just let the words wash over you, as you take this moment to slow down and connect with God!!
Use our current SPOTIFY PLAYLIST from our APP:
Fervent Church Worship Night – This Friday Night!!!
Hosted by Fervent Church
Friday, February 23 at 7 PM – 8:30 PM
THIS WEEK’s SERMON CONTEXT
FOR WORSHIP & PRAYER
Romans 8:12-17 (ESV) – Heirs with Christ
12 So then, brothers, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh. 13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die, but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For all who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you have received the Spirit of adoption as sons, by whom we cry, “Abba! Father!” 16 The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
1.) Common Interest
2.) Complete Exposure
3.) Consistent Contact
INTIMACY is: True intimacy with someone is to be aware that you are completely understood by them.
- SALVATION: Gives access to intimacy with the father.
- SPIRITUAL ADOPTION:
- You don’t have anything to offer.
- Adoption is an upgrade.
- Adoption is a new identity.
- Future is greater than your past.
- Adoptee is elevated to the status of the adopter.
- Don’t settle for less than intimacy with God.
- Get to the point when ‘You know His voice, and He knows your cry.
- Lyrics: Daddy, I love you!
- Daddy, I need you!
- Daddy, I’ve noticed your arms are stretched wide, waiting for me.