Weekly Meet-Up RESOURCES
DATE: Sunday, March 25, 2018
FERVENT CHURCH – Voorhees, NJ
Preached by Pastor Mike Rosado
POWER Series: Power…to HEAL
MEETUP WEEK #4 Format:
Hangout & Missional Event
REMINDER FOR THIS WEEK:
GOOD FRIDAY Experience (March 30) 12pm – 8pm
A 45-minute Interactive Experience
EASTER SUNDAY SERVICES – 9AM & 11AM
START THE CONVERSATION – QUESTIONS:
Tonight’s DC is designed to be a night that your group hangs out and focuses on getting to know one another better. In addition, your group has the opportunity to invite others to join your group. You may take this opportunity to go out to do a social event, host a game night, or even have a movie night.
Included this week are some questions to help start the conversation, if you don’t already have a focus or activity. In addition, there is a review of the sermon along with some additional questions to consider:
- Recall a favorite EASTER memory and share with the group. (It could be a family tradition or moment at a meal, it could be something at church, or even sitting with Mall Easter Bunny.)
- What questions do you have about Healing? Do you doubt God’s Ability to Heal? Have you ever prayed for Healing? Did you pray boldly or safely for healing? Do you have any reservation about God’s Healing? Why do you think that is? Have you ever witnessed physically healing? These initially questions should be able to fan a good discussion for your group on healing. (Do not feel the need to answer all the questions, especially if you do not feel sure about your answers. Any unanswered questioned can be brought to the staff to further assist and clarify the discussion.)
THIS WEEK’s SERMON CONTEXT
TODAY’S MAIN IDEA: Jesus prioritizes the healing of our SOUL over our BODY. It’s His POWER, but our RESPONSIBILITY to live it out. To move in POWER, we need to move with God.
Please READ 1 Corinthians 12:4 – 11 (NKJV)
4 There are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit. 5 There are differences of ministries, but the same Lord. 6 And there are diversities of activities, but it is the same God who works all in all. 7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to each one for the profit of all: 8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
What parts of the scripture passage stood out to you? What part is the most encouraging? What part is the most challenging? What does this passage tell us about “POWER” especially in regards to HEALING?
WRONG THINKING OF HEALING
- 1.) GOD will not be a means to an end
We don’t use God to change a situation, God uses a situation to change us.
Jesus prioritizes our SOUL over the BODY.
- 2.) Healing should NEVER be an IDOL
Sometimes we pray so much ABOUT the challenge, that we begin to PRAY TO the illness.
We become so focused on the HEALING, we forget about the HEALER.
- 3.) It’s NOT always a faith issue
Often we “DO” before we “LISTEN” & often we do “FOR” God, instead of “WITH” God – God says first: Be STILL.
Who cares if God changes our SITUATION, but not our SOUL
Exodus 15 – Jehovah Rapha “God who heals”
James 5:14 – 16 – Fervent Prayers
PRAYER is NOT MINIPULATION of God, it helps us to get on the same page with God.
OVERALL CONCLUSION for POWER Series:
TO MOVE IN POWER, WE NEED TO MOVE WITH GOD!!