This week’s questions work particularly well if your DMC is having an “UP” week or if you’re having some quiet time with your loved ones during the holiday week. Or if you’d like some “1-on-1” time with God.
Key Text Galatians 6:7-9
“Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.”
- #1 ICE BREAKER: “What do you want out of life?” In other words, what would be your specific vision of the “good life” for yourself?
- #2 BIBLE: What does the Bible say about the principle of “reaping and sowing?” [Gal 6:7-9, others listed below]
- #3 GOING DEEPER: Where have you seen this play out in your life? How might it be affecting your current situation?
- #4 APPLICATION: When considering what you want out of life, do your seed (behavior), soil (receiving location), and sweat (energy) line up to achieve those goals? Where might you need to realign your heart and actions with those of God?
For Further Reflection- reflect on the following Principles and Passages of “Reaping and Sowing.”
- Principles of Sowing:
- Sow a little get a little (2 Cor. 9:6)
Sow the right things and you will bear the right things (Proverbs 11:18)
Sowing is tainted by comparison (Proverbs 14:14)
Sow with all you have (Luke 6:38)
Sowing is worthless without the right soil (Hosea 10:12; Luke 8*)
- Principles of Reaping:
- God determines the “due season”
God alone can make it grow (1 Cor. 3:6-9)
God determines the amount (Malachi 3:10)
God still needs you to handle the reaping (Matthew 9:7)
God wants us to reap rest! (Hebrews 4)