Weekly Meet-Up RESOURCES
DATE: Sunday, August 19, 2018
FERVENT CHURCH – Voorhees, NJ
Preached by Pastor Mike Rosado
SERMON TITLE: A.D.D.
MEETUP WEEK #2 Format: MEET-UP Questions
For this “UP” week, the main focus is to connect in a deeper way in your relationship with God. Be mindful in creating a safe environment for spiritual growth- and a safe place to process questions and observations about God.
TODAY’S MAIN IDEA: It is difficult to be distracted when you focus on Jesus.
Question #1 (ICE BREAKERS): Pick 1 or 2
- What was a fantasy that you believed in as a kid? (examples: Santa, Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy) How did you find out it wasn’t real?
- Where have you seen the difference between Division and Unity in a team setting? (examples: sports, work, church, fictional story, etc.)
Question #2 (SCRIPTURE):
- Let’s look at Nehemiah’s focusing on God when completing his assignment of rebuilding the walls (Nehemiah 6:1-4). Have someone(s) read the passage in an “easy-to-read” translation (ERV, NLT or The Message). Then have someone(s) recap the story in their own words.
- What parts of the scripture passage stood out to you? (What part is the most encouraging? Challenging?) What does this passage teach us about “FOCUS” on God and not opposition?
Question #3 (GENERAL):
- What is a “good work” God is calling you to focus on right now? What calling are you to be working on? (Examples: marriage, parenting, discipleship, church leadership, self-improvement, etc.)
- What Distractions are you up against in completing that good work? Outside the camp (Attacks)? Inside the camp (Divisions)? Inside the heart (Disillusionment)?
Question #4 (ACTION):
- In regards to Attacks, Divisions or Disillusionment- what distraction has had the biggest affect on you recently? Is there a Biblical Truth Statement you’ll commit to answering that attack with? Examples:
- “I will not grow weary in doing good”
- “But for this purpose I came to this hour”
- “I’m doing a great work, I can’t come down”
- How can you answer that Distraction in practical ways? How can the members of the DMC support and keep you accountable of the Action Step?
Please READ Nehemiah 6:1-4 (Easy-to-Read-Version) –
Then Sanballat, Tobiah, Geshem the Arab, and our other enemies heard that I had built the wall. We repaired all the holes in the wall, but we had not yet put the doors in the gates. 2 So Sanballat and Geshem sent me this message: “Come, Nehemiah, let’s meet together. We can meet in the town of Kephirim on the plain of Ono.” But they were planning to hurt me.
3 So I sent messengers to them with this answer: “I am doing important work, so I cannot come down. I don’t want the work to stop just so I can come down and meet with you.”
4 Sanballat and Geshem sent the same message to me four times, and I sent the same answer back to them each time.
DEFINE DISILLUSIONMENT: a feeling of disappointment resulting from the discovery that something is not as good as you believed it to be