Weekly Meet-Up RESOURCES
DATE: Sunday, November 5, 2018
FERVENT CHURCH – Voorhees, NJ
Preached by Pastor Mike Rosado
Series: All that and more (Series to prepare for Christmas)
SERMON TITLE: More than a SON
MEETUP WEEK #1 Format: MEET-UP Questions
TODAY’S MAIN IDEA: Celebrate Jesus more than stuff, or Jesus will never be enough.
Question #1 (ICE BREAKERS):
- As we begin our new series “All that and More…” in preparation for Christmas, describe your favorite thing about the Christmas season.
- Describe your favorite all-you-can-eat experience. (Buffet, brunch, Brazilian steakhouse, etc.) What is your favorite item that you look forward to?
- This week we are examining what it means for Jesus to be a son of God the father. What is the best part of being part of your family (whether your immediate family or extended family)?
Question #2 (SCRIPTURE):
- After reading Isaiah 9:6 – 7, which parts of the scripture passage stood out to you? What part is the most encouraging? What part is the most challenging?
- In this short, but familiar scripture reading, which description of Jesus is most powerful to you and why?
Question #3 (GENERAL):
- What are some ways that you celebrate Jesus each week? As a group make a gratitude list of how you celebrated Jesus this past week.
- “Don’t underestimate small answers (from God).” As we pray to God, especially ‘big’ prayers and seek answers. Describe a time in your life where God gave you a small answer or small beginning that ended up making a big impact in your life.
- “Revere God, and seek the Lost.” We often talk about sharing Jesus with others. If you had the opportunity to “share Jesus with others,” specifically what would you say? Practice with group members, whether through role playing or as a group, sharing the Gospel of Jesus.
Suggested Link on Sharing the Gospel:
Question #4 (ACTION):
- This week, in what ways will you prepare for Christmas (whether spiritually or physically around-the-house)?
- “To spread the Father’s love, you must first receive the Father’s love.” Let us presume that you have in fact already received the Father’s love, describe a specific way this week you will spread the Father’s love to others (whether at your work, with your neighbors, or your various family members).
Please READ ISAIAH 9:6 – 7 (ESV)
6 For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given;
and the government shall be upon his shoulder,
and his name shall be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
7 Of the increase of his government and of peace
there will be no end,
on the throne of David and over his kingdom,
to establish it and to uphold it
with justice and with righteousness
from this time forth and forevermore.
The zeal of the Lord of hosts will do this.
Please READ ISAIAH 9:6 – 7 (MSG)
For a child has been born—for us!
the gift of a son—for us!
He’ll take over
the running of the world.
His names will be: Amazing Counselor,
Prince of Wholeness.
His ruling authority will grow,
and there’ll be no limits to the wholeness he brings.
He’ll rule from the historic David throne
over that promised kingdom.
He’ll put that kingdom on a firm footing
and keep it going
With fair dealing and right living,
beginning now and lasting always.
The zeal of God-of-the-Angel-Armies
will do all this.
THIS WEEK’s SERMON NOTES
– Boast about Jesus – Celebrate Jesus More
– “Celebrate Jesus more than stuff or He will NEVER be enough.”
– Jesus is enough (Sufficiency of Jesus)
– Never “Just Jesus”… Jesus has to be more than enough.
– Train thoughts to celebrate
– Celebrate and feelings follow
– “Don’t underestimate small answers!!”
– True glory found in the immeasurable.
– Small Answers can bring BIG miracles.
– Earthly Perspective vs. Heavenly Perspective
WHAT IS A SON?
1.) The Offspring / Product of a family
– We are the Product of God.
– He is enough, so I am enough.
2.) A Member (of a specific tribe).
– Co-Airs / Co-members with Jesus
– Expectancy: God will move, every time.
3.) Future Value of a family.
– Hope for the best.
– “To Spread the Father’s Love, we must first receive Father’s love.”
– Be about the lost.
– With Passion, Energy, and Fervency
– Revere God – Seek Lost
– Love Learning vs. Being Teachable (Be hungry)
– He is YOUR Jesus!!